Recapping the Weekend-Reading and Fun

Hi friends! Happy Monday.  Hope you had a spectacular Weekend filled with love and fun.  I sure did!  Linking up with Biana for Weekending and Lindsay et al for Hello Monday.

Friday I stayed in and had a sheet pan supper, a bath, and finished The Island by Elin Hildebrand.  I liked it but it was maybe a little too long.  It made me want to go to the beach so bad!

Saturday was a celebration of my friend Susana turning 40 and her daughter turning 1!  It was a lovely party for two lovely girls.


Love these ladies!
After, we adulted it up and went to the French Quarter to catch Krewe Du Vieux.  We did not see much of the parade since it was so crowded so we holed up at the lovely Cane and Table to watch from inside.

A shared mai tai in a pineapple!  It was messy.

See how crowded it was?
I ended the night with a nightcap with the birthday girl.
Sunday was yoga as usual and a lovely dinner with Gentleman Caller.  I drafted this before I went to yoga, so I am not sure what I made yet, lol!

It was the perfect mix of fun and relaxation.  Next weekend, the real Mardi Gras festivities begin and I get a visit from Emily to show her some real Mardi Gras! I am so excited to meet my fourth blog friend in person!

How was your weekend?  What was the highlight?  See you tomorrow back with some yummy food!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments