Recapping the weekend-All you need is Fun

Hey friends!  Happy Monday! It was quite a weekend and I hope yours was too!  Linking up with Biana for weekending and Lindsay et al for Hello Monday.  Here we go!

Friday my baby sister and her husband and I went to see Pod Tours America.  I had the dates mixed up so Gentleman Caller couldn't be my date so my coworker was a last minute stand in.  Which was great because the special local guest was our previous Mayor who we worked for!  It was a fun and funny night and I was glad to see my favorite podcast live!

Sometimes it doesn't even look like we are related!
Saturday I finally got some pure barre in and then headed to drag brunch with some of my high school friends.  It was so fun and so cheap.  $18 bottomless mimosas?  Yes please!
I was the first festive one there.
Our seasonally appropriate table.  I had chilaquiles with a poached egg.  I could barely eat half!

It was such a fun day!
After, Gentleman Caller picked me up and we went to his friends' house for dinner and the first parade of the season, Chewbacchus.  It is an irreverent parade full of random groups and lots of Star Wars references.  It was great to kick off the season although it doesn't really ramp up for two weeks.





Sunday was much needed yoga and lunch with a friend.

I am feeling much better after getting some workouts and friend time in.  I had a fast moving train of a well curated life and in one week work made not fun changes, pure barre made schedule changes that are not good, the boards I serve on made changes, I forgot my lunch every day and couldn't work out and work was stressful and the realization that I am turning 40 very soon is starting to hit.  It all happened at once and I broke down and slightly unloaded over pasta on an Instagram post about a product I got for free.  A lot of people thought Gentleman Caller and I broke up, even him!  He texted me a screenshot like wtf?  That fast moving train is something I created to fill the holes in my heart, that was the problem.  You don't end up nearly 40 and single and childless not by choice without some holes and sometimes they they come out when the train needs servicing.  I am so lucky to have the life I have and I need to not forget that and also forgive myself for needed wine and carbs!

Sorry for the yet another unloading, but from the amount of people that checked in, I really needed to clarify! I am not a fan of vague social media posts either!

Anyway, how was your weekend?  Anything fun?  Have you ever been to Mardi Gras?  Hope this week is great and short!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments