Recapping the weekend, Single mom life

Hey friends!  Happy Monday.  Hope you had a spectacular weekend full of sunshine and laughs.  I sure did!  Linking up with Biana for Weekending and Lindsay et al for Hello Monday.

On Friday, my sweet friends threw me a birthday happy hour.  It was a gathering of my various groups: work friends, old friends, book club friends and Sweet Swine friends.  All my groups overlap and I could not be happier that all my friends are friends!  I did not take many pics.  But look how lovely the cake was!

A churro flavored doberge cake?  Yes please!  Love my friends!
Saturday morning I got up early for some Pure Barre empower and then headed over to my sister and brother in law's house.  It was their 14th wedding anniversary and I was watching their three girls so they could have a much needed staycation. 

I painted Abby's nails over her sprinkle pancakes!
We ate lunch and played and then headed over to my parents' house for a pool day while Ruby napped.  My other sister and her kids came over too.  It was such a fun day! I even went down the slide!

Kate and Elliot enjoying the chair deck!
Ruby and Alice discussing freezie pops.
After that, we went home and ordered pizza and my parents came over to watch the LSU baseball game.  What a game! After the kids went to bed and my parents left, I took advantage of the cable I don't have and binged some Diners, Drive Ins and Dives.  I missed my TV xanax!

Sunday morning, my dad picked up Abby, Kate and me for puppies and yoga,  It was a fundraiser for my hogs for the cause team and a rescue dog charity.  Puppies, yoga and kids; a no brainer!

My cuties!
Who wouldn't want to adopt these sweet pups!
Miss Callie almost came home with me, she was so sweet!
 After I was relieved from single mom duty, I ran to Trader Joe's for some peonies and groceries for the week.  I picked up some shawarma chicken to grill and it was delicious, albeit a bit salty.  After that I did a hair mask from some inspiration from Emelia and settled in for the final LSU baseball game of the weekend.  I am writing this while watching, so I hope we won, lol!

This week is another short one because I have my mammogram Friday and took the day off so I could do that and get my eyes dilated in one full swoop.  Make sure you do both this year ladies, if you need it.

How was your weekend?  Anything exciting?  See you back with more yummy food!

Happy Cooking!

Missy


No comments