Put a ring on it! (buffalo chicken lasagna)

Yeah I know, I have a buffalo chicken obsession.  It is one of my favorite flavors!  I told you previously about my pre pinterest, instagram and blogging days, and about this recipe for buffalo chicken lasagna.  I did not make the exact recipe I made last time but it was still delicious!

I had some leftover cheater lasagna noodles from my accidental weeknight lasagna so I figured this was the perfect time to whip up the lasagna. I subbed Greek yogurt in for ricotta to lessen the fat.  I did not have nearly enough buffalo sauce in my house (blasphemy!) so I had to improvise with some of the slow cooker sauce left after I removed the chicken.  This was still so delicious!  I had it leftover the next day (and of course shared some with the work besties) and it was even better.  The no boil noodles really are so easy!  You can have lasagna anytime!  

I am not a fan of the taste of Bleu Cheese but you could totally sub that for the ranch and cheddar. You could also toss rotisserie chicken in a little buffalo sauce and ranch to skip the crock potting.   Make it yours, try it out and let me know what you think! Full recipe after the montage.

The yummy delicious cast. That's a dirty carrot!
Throw your chicken, hot sauce and ranch in the slow cooker and let it cook all day while you are at work, running errands or trying not to maim your rugrats.
Ooh la la, hello chicken!
Dice up these lovelies and give them a little ride in a saute pan to make them less crunchy.
Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred with two forks.
I hate when I have to get stingy with sauce!
I am still so amazed at how these noodles work.  And cringing at the non natural things causing it.
Mix chicken and veggies and spread a layer, using half.
Add half your Greek yogurt and smear.
Again being unintentionally stingy with the sauce.
Repeat those steps and put ranch on top the last noodle layer.
Top with cheese and more buffalo sauce crockpot juice
Bake for 25 minutes and enjoy!  
So decadent, in a buffalo wing kind of way!
Buffalo Chicken Lasagna:
1 pound boneless chicken thighs
1 jar buffalo sauce
1 container of ranch dressing (I used Litehouse yogurt based)
1 carrot chopped
1 stalk of celery chopped
1 small onion chopped
6 no boil lasagna noodles
1 small container of plain fat free Greek yogurt
1 cup of cheddar cheese divided

Place chicken, 1 cup of buffalo sauce and 1 cup of ranch in the slow cooker.  Cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.  Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with two forks.  Add a 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid to the chicken and set aside.  Preheat oven to 375. Chop your onion, celery and carrot. Saute in 1 tablespoon of oil/butter/other fat in a skillet over medium heat until onions are translucent, about 7 minutes.  Add veggies to the chicken.  In a square 8x8 or 9x9 casserole dish, place a layer of buddalo sauce to cover bottom (about 1/4 cup) add two lasagna noodles.  Spread half the chicken over that, then half the Greek yogurt over that.  Top with a drizzle of Buffalo Sauce and 1/3 of the cheese. Layer another set of noodles, then chicken, then greek yogurt, then buffalo sauce, then cheese.  Add one more set of noodles and drizzle with ranch.  Top with the rest of the cheese and another drizzle of Buffalo sauce.  Cover with foil.  Bake for 25 minutes.  Optional, place under broiler for a few minutes to brown the cheese.

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments