Five for Friday

Hey y'all happy Friday!   I am linking up with Amanda for Friday Favorites and Tif/Katie/ Caitlin/Della for High Five for Friday! It was a long week, but I am off today for reasons below and ready for the weekend!  

ONE:

I still don't understand how the Kale and Quinoa Gumbo thing is a thing.  Yes, it's nowhere near authentic and making a roux is sometimes a painful art, but I cannot believe the gumbo truthers got the gumbo recipe pulled.  At least they gave the "healthy" disclaimer like I do when I make low carb swaps!  This parody video is pretty funny though...




TWO:

My weekend got away from me and I forgot to do a recap post.  The Dixie Chicks were great!  They started off slow but jammed out and did some great covers.  The place went wild when they played Goodbye Earl.  I was sad they did not play anything but Wide Open Spaces from the first album.  Of course some people apparently were offended, but hello, you were going to see the Dixie Chicks! You can find the setlist here.  We had a great time!


THREE:

Marilyn Hagerty is so cute and back at it again!  If you don't know who she is, she is the Eatbeat Writer for the Grand Forks Herald in North Dakota.  She went viral in 2012 with her review of Olive Garden.  She truly is a little gem!

FOUR:

I received my Fall 2016 Box of Style in the mail yesterday!  I just love this quarterly treat and it did not disappoint as usual!  I cannot wait until it is warm enough to wear the cape!  I will be packing some of it just in time for...another trip.

The bracelet is coming with me as well as the lip gloss.  Can't wait to use the tassel belt!
FIVE:

I am heading to my former adopted hometown Austin for a visit this weekend!  I am actually sick of traveling now, is that possible? I am excited to see my best friend Aimee; to see how much the city has changed in two and a half years since I last visited and get my Mexican food fix.  But after this, I am not leaving my immediate metro area until December when I go to Napa and I am sticking to it!

Hope you had a good week!  What are you up to this weekend?  I hope you have a great one, filled with fun, friends, football or family.  Or all of those things together!

Happy Cooking

Missy

No comments