Hatch Season Strikes Again! (Hatch chile burger)

I love a good burger.  When I want to cheat and have a really bad for you but so tasty one I go to a restaurant.  When I have a slight craving I make one at home and eat in on lettuce like a good little to no carb girl.  I have been wanting a bad one, so i know that is coming.  I usually make chicken burgers of different persuasions, but this time I went for the beef.

It is hatch chile season in these parts and they are everywhere!  It was even more prevalent when I lived in Texas; I plan on seeing that first hand this weekend!  I love making things with them just for the fun of it; I am such a pack participator. I decided to make a burger with them for lunch and do it two ways, in the burger and on top.

This was so yummy! The chiles are not hot unless you buy hot ones, but since you have to roast them to take the skin off there is so much flavor.  It was perfect paired with a spicy ranch and cheddar, just so good!  Make this.  I bet they will be great on the grill and on a bun. Full recipe to follow the montage. Also PS, I have been making a few more of my own not copied original recipes again, so I started a new label, a Missy original!  Linking up with Meal Plan Monday.  Y'all click on over and see all the good stuff!

Hatch Chile Burgers
It may not be The Company Burger, but it will do in a pinch!
Hatch Chile Burgers
The cast trying to take advantage of those waning summer nights.
Hatch Chile Burgers
The easiest and most dangerous way to do this.  But so fun!
Hatch Chile Burgers
Just look at that char!?
Hatch Chile Burgers
After some time in a plastic bag, the skin comes right off!
Hatch Chile Burgers
Just hatch, green onion and salt and pepper is all you need.  So simple and blurry.
Hatch Chile Burgers
It's flying roach season around these parts so the cast iron it is.  
Hatch Chile Burgers
Yum!  Crusted and flavorful!
Hatch Chile Burgers
Mexican hot sauce and ranch is all you need for garnish.

Hatch Chile Burgers
Well, some cheese too if you please!
Hatch Chile Burgers:

1 lb. ground meat
4 hatch chiles
4 green onions, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Cheese of your choice, sliced
Bun or lettuce wrap
Spicy ranch or mayo for garnish.

Place the chiles one by one on the gas burner lit on medium and use tongs to move it around and char on all sides.  Repeat with all chiles and place in a large ziptop bag and seal. Allow to sit for about 20 minutes.  Take them out and with a spoon, scrape the skin off.  Cut the top off and cut a seam longways to flatten it out.  Scoop out the seeds and rinse.  Chop three of the peppers and save one for topping.  Mix chopped chiles, green onion and salt and pepper with meat until nicely mixed.  Parcel out into four burgers.  Cook on a grill or cast iron skillet until cooked through, adding cheese just at the end so it has time to melt.  Cut remaining chile into four squares and place on each burger.  Serve as you wish!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments