New ways with new produce (Dijon roasted Black aka Nero tondo radishes with potatoes and kale)

Hooray, my sister can eat regular meals again since she is no longer breast feeding! By regular meals I mean ones with actual vegetables. Her babies get cranky on them.  I went over for a fun night at her house and wanted to make something from my Hollygrove Market Box. And luckily she said I could experiment on her with Nero tondo, aka black radishes!  I decided to utilize a condiment in my fridge I never use, Trader Joe's Aioli Garlic Mustard Sauce.  Since I am not a mayo person, I love this stuff as a great sub in potato salad!

She is also cleaning out her freezer in anticipation of hurricane season. We found some fish while looking through it and decided to make that too.  I had some fennel in dressing leftover from the eggplant fennel salad I made that week (clearly this is an old post!) that I decided to serve over that and it was delightful! 

These veggies went so well with it and were so filling. The dijon adds a kick and the aioli adds a creamy factor, but not too much. It would be the perfect side for any protein! Try the Trader Joe's product or make your own as I have showed you below and roast any veggies with them, it is so delightful! Full recipe to follow the montage.

Dijon Roasted Veggies utilizing nero tondo radishes
The radishes look just like the potatoes!
Dijon Roasted Veggies utilizing nero tondo radishes
The cast.  Most of this is local.  Clearly not the carrots.
Dijon Roasted Veggies utilizing nero tondo radishes
I added the aioli in parts to help evenly mix. You can see my helper's socked foot in the corner!
Dijon Roasted Veggies utilizing nero tondo radishes
Mix them all up and get them ready for roasting.
I served it with the blackened fish and fennel, so delightful.
Dijon Roasted Veggies utilizing nero tondo radishes
Look how roasted and delicious they are!

Dijon Roasted Veggies utilizing nero tondo radishes

2 cup diced nero tondo (black) radishes or regular
2 cups diced potatoes
2 cups diced carrots
1 bunch of kale
2 cloves of garlic
6 tbs.  Aioli Garlic Mustard Sauce from Trader Joes.* see note
Juice of two lemons
1/4 cup olive oil
salt & fresh pepper to taste

In a large bowl, whisk aioli, lemon juice and salt and pepper until blended.  Add diced vegetables and toss until coated with aioli.  Spread evenly over roasting pan or 1 to 2 cookie sheets and add a little more salt and pepper.  Roast for 40 minutes at 450˚, turning vegetables halfway through.

*Note if you don't have a Trader Joe's nearby, mix 3 tbsp mayo or greek yogurt, 3 tbsp of dijon mustard and 1 teaspoon garlic powder and mix to combine.

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments