Some friendly inspiration happens again (Peach Cobbler Oatmeal bowl)

I went to visit my best friend, Toni, in Alabama a few weeks ago.  When I was there, we went to a pop up barre class with her trainer, Naturally Strong Nonie.  Toni gets her weekly meal plans and was planning her grocery list after breakfast the day I was leaving.  She let me look over the meal plan because I was fascinated and want Nonie's job.  As you may have noticed, I am now incorporating new breakfast dishes into the blog as I stay away from green smoothies.  One of the breakfast recipes jumped out at me.

It was for a Peach Cobbler Oatmeal bowl.  Holy cow that sounded good!  I love peaches and oatmeal is so good for you.  It sounded like a great quick breakfast that I could have at home on days when I am not rushing (never) or to heat up to eat while checking email at work.  It was so good!  

I made some changes to her original recipe, I added turmeric for nutrition and color, nutmeg for flavor and a little cinnamon sugar to sweeten a little.  Make this!  It is a comforting bowl of goodness, and you would never know it was gluten free, dairy free and vegan! And since it is from an awesome fitness and nutrition guru, you can know it is healthy for you!  Full recipe to follow the montage.  Linking up for Meal Plan Monday!

Peach Cobbler Oatmeal bowl
Doesn't that just look warm and comforting?
Peach Cobbler Oatmeal bowl
The cast.  So vegan!
Peach Cobbler Oatmeal bowl
Skin and de-pit your peach.  


Peach Cobbler Oatmeal bowl
Slice them up nice.
Peach Cobbler Oatmeal bowl
Mix oatmeal and milk and microwave.
Peach Cobbler Oatmeal bowl
Add the seasonings, top with peaches and enjoy!

Peach Cobbler Oatmeal Bowl (adapted from Naturally Strong Nonie)

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups Instant or 1 minute oats
1/2 - 3/4 cup almond milk
1 teaspoon of nutmeg
1 teaspoon turmeric
sprinkle of cinnamon sugar (or 1/8 tsp. of each)
1 peach skinned and sliced
1/4 cup pecans, chopped (you can also add honey, flax seeds and almond slices)

Heat oatmeal with almond milk in microwave or on stove per directions. Mix the peaches with seasonings.  Stir nuts into hot oatmeal and top with peaches and honey of desired. Makes 2 servings.

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments