Five For Friday-It's all over

Hi friends!  This has been a weird week with Mardi Gras being on Tuesday and work being empty the rest of the week.  I have been semi repenting and detoxing.  Hope your week was fast and lovely.  Linking up with Amanda for Friday Favorites.  Here we go!

ONE:

Mardi Gras Day recap!  We went to Poseidon Sushi Bar to have karaoke for my friend's husband's 40th birthday.  It was also on he route of the parades so it was a perfect location.  We all dressed in group costume, as some of New Orleans' famous bars.
The group!

I know, we all like my pink wig better ;)

The fabulous Hall and Oates cake!
Gentleman Caller was Barcadia and dressed himself as skee ball since it is a place with games like that.  I was Crown and Anchor since this little Delta Gamma has so many anchors!

TWO:

We celebrated a belated Valentine's Day last night with some meat after a day of none.  Toup's Meatery never disappoints!

THREE:

Speaking of Toups Meatery, it got nominated for a James Beard award!  The list of New Orleans nominees made me happy, I have been to all but one!

FOUR:

I usually like to keep politics and whatnot off this blog since it seems like a good idea but man, another school shooting?  We are so desensitized to these now and it just breaks my heart.  I listened to a podcast with the founder of Moms Demand Action a few weeks ago and was so impressed with their cause and work and began following them on social media.  I just gave $25 to help the cause to stop these senseless tragedies.  Help out if you can.  The people affected by this are in my thoughts, just so sad. 

FIVE:

I am not a "churchy" person, but I like that the Church of England is asking people to give up plastic for lent!  I was trained when Austin banned plastic grocery bags to bring my own and still do.  But these ideas go farther than that. Like bringing your own fork, I like that!

Well there you have it, go get you a well deserved weekend full of fun and love!  What are your plans?

Happy Cooking! 

Missy

No comments