Man made Muffins (Banana Graham Cracker Muffins)

I forgot about this post (and others) because I misplaced an SD card.  And I wish I would not have forgotten this one since all the cooking, idea and some of the photos are by my sweet Gentleman Caller. He noticed a recipe on the box of graham crackers he was trying to use up and called me and asked if he could have a guest post on the blog!  We made dinner and then we set out to muffin making.

These were quite yummy, I hear.  I did not get to try one.  He brought them to work and they were gone in a few seconds!  We used almond milk since that is all I ever have; so they are dairy free and low fat as a result!  Make these, they are a portable tasty breakfast treat!  And clearly man approved! Full recipe to follow the montage.  And thank you, Gentleman Caller, for not only supporting my blog, but also participating! Linking up with Meal Plan Monday #102.

Banana Graham Cracker Muffins
Muffins by my stud muffin
Banana-Nut Graham Cracker Muffins
The cast.  He supplied the crackers, I supplied the rest.  But I promise, he cooked!
Banana-Nut Graham Cracker Muffins
Nestled up like we like to do on the couch with some Netflix.
Banana-Nut Graham Cracker Muffins
Mix in the goodies. We had a little trouble getting this photo as you can see.
Banana-Nut Graham Cracker Muffins
All parcelled out and ready to bake!
Banana-Nut Graham Cracker Muffins
Such a great creation by my favorite sous chef!
Banana-Nut Graham Cracker Muffins (adapted from Kraft Foods)

16 graham crackers, finely crushed (about 2-2/3 cups)
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 egg
1 cup almond milk (can use dairy)
2 Tbsp. honey
2 fully ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup chopped Walnuts
1/4 cup dried cranberries

Heat oven to 400ºF.  Combine graham crumbs, sugar and baking powder until well blended. Mix all remaining ingredients except nuts in large bowl. Add graham mixture; stir just until moistened.  Spoon into 12 paper-lined muffin cups; top with nuts.  Bake 15 to 18 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 min. Remove to wire rack; cool slightly.


Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments