Tuesday Team Meeting (Pumpkin molasses cookies)

As you know I am not good with letting things go to waste.  I am also the backup designated food provider for Tuesday team meetings. My boss brought us treats for our weekly meeting,  which I think had a little bit to do with her being pregnant, but it stuck.  I started bringing treats when I started the blog, and now I am making it a tradition!

I made a cooling awesome face mask and had a bit of leftover pumpkin.  I know that stuff is like gold so I decided to reuse it. I went to the google and found this recipe from Real Simple.  I had all the ingredients on hand, except the date and walnut mix ins, but figured they would still be delicious without them.  They were!  I would have liked to have had some nuts in there for texture, but still overall, very delicious.  They tasted like fall.

My easy bake oven is a bit wonky so I think I may have undercooked them.  They had more of a muffin texture than a cookie texture.  Let me know if this happens to you if you make them.  I plan on making this a feature, my coworkers are so appreciative of the snacks and it makes talking about all our frustrations more pleasant!  Enjoy the montage, full recipe to follow.  Linking up with Meal Plan Monday, click on over and check it out!

The cast.  That pumpkin is open, but you can't tell!
Mix the wet ingredients, so dark and rich, but not really.
And the dry. 
Cream your butter and sugar.  This is how all good cookies get their start!
Add your egg, gently and carefully.
Next add your wets and drys.  This was an extremely complicated and messy endeavor so this is all you get picture wise, the finished product!
Dole them out and add a sprinkle of raw sugar.  Mmm Mmm!
Bake them in the oven for a spell and then take a pretty picture.
Let them cool on a rack and then impress your friends, enemies or coworkers.
Pumpkin Molasses Cookies (Adapted, but not too much since it's baking, from Real Simple)

Ingredients:
2 1/2cups all-purpose flour
1/2cup natural cocoa powder
1teaspoon baking soda
1teaspoon ground cloves
1teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon fine salt
1/2 cup molasses
1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tablespoon turbinado sugar

Heat oven to 350º F. Line two baking sheets with parchment. Whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, cloves, cinnamon, pepper, and salt in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl whisk together the molasses and pumpkin puree. Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in the egg, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Reduce mixer speed to low and add the dry and wet ingredients alternately, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients and mixing well between additions. Mix until just combined.  Drop mounds of the dough (about 1 1/2 tablespoon each) 1 inch apart onto the baking sheets. Sprinkle with the turbinado sugar, dividing evenly. Bake, rotating the sheets halfway though, until firm around the edges, 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments