Five for Friday, Midway through May

Happy Friday dear readers! Happy Friday the 13th This was a long week and I am so glad the weekend is here.  I have a lot of exercise and family on the agenda.  Hopefully you have some good stuff on yours! Linking up with Amanda for Friday Favorites!

ONE

Image courtesy of Brookstone

Have you heard of the Chili Tecnology Mattress topper?  I was complaining about how hot I am when I sleep (Window units + 90% humidity equals misery) and my friend Laura said she and her fiance tried this.  It sounds like a miracle, but a bit pricey.  Have you heard of it or tried it?

TWO

Image Courtesy of Smitten Kitchen
How freaking good do these saltine crack ice cream sandwiches look? I am totally making these for my family vacation at the beach for Fourth of July, the kids and adults alike will love them!  Pin it here! Smitten Kitchen is the best!

THREE


We are rereading She's Come Undone for "serious book club" this month.  I hadn't read it since college, and I could not remember it at all.  I have read it this week and that combined with my wonky air conditioner, roach season and stress have made me sleep less and have weird dreams.  I forgot how wonderfully a male author in Wally Lamb could speak in a damaged woman's voice! Have you read this?  It is worth a read, or reread!

FOUR 
That's a daiquiri.  A real one, not that weird frozen stuff!

Tony Hollums, love his stuff!
My friend Susana invited me to accompany her to a Yelp event with Where Y'Art this week at the Compere Lapin at the Old 77 hotel.  There were drinks, yelp check ins and finding my new favorite artist!  I just love my city so much. There is something for everyone!

FIVE

We are having an extended Family reunion this weekend! My paternal grandmother and her three brothers and all of their children, grandchildren and great grandchildren are all going to be in attendance.  I am so excited to see cousins I have not seen since the 80's.  There will be sun, water, hugs and casseroles. I am making a pasta salad and bacon bourbon brownies that will appear on the blog in the future. My first cousins that live in LA and DC are coming in for it, so excited to see everyone for something other than a wedding or a funeral!

What's going on with you!?  Hope your week treated you right and your weekend treats you better!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments