It's my birthday! Let's go out more and celebrate!

Hello all and Happy Friday!  I am on my way to my mountain vacation! Linking up with Amanda's Friday Favorites and Tif for High Five For Friday Hope you are all having some fun on this holiday weekend like I am...

I cannot wait to zip line!
Today is my last day of being 36 since tomorrow is my birthday!  I am so glad to be spending it with great friends doing fun things.  Part of enjoying life is doing things that make you happy.  

I love seeing live music
Jazz Fest buddies for My Morning Jacket!

Trying new restaurants
Cousins at Cavan, review to come!

And discovering new events
A happy hour is better when it is for a great cause.  We lit it up blue for Autism Speaks!
You know what really helps me find concerts, events and other fun things? Eventbrite. Eventbrite is a great resource for finding events of all types in your area, and for battling FOMO. That stands for fear of missing out (like you didn't know). And bonus, they are everywhere, so you can use it when you travel! 

In an effort to combat FOMO, Eventbrite is launching a campaign to create the habit of GOMO.  That stands for going out more often! Step away from the Apple TV folks, get out and do something fun! You can even plan an event and invite your friends!  They have easy to use event planning software as well, for any event, large or small.  Check it out here.  Teamwork is key for getting in the habit of GOMO!

GOMO sounded like a plan to my little FOMO soul. Currently I am in Nantahala, NC doing some fun things.  In honor of a new year of life, here is what else I have planned this year as part of getting in the GOMO habit!

Concerts:

In June, I'm going to see St. Lucia at the awesome Civic Theater in New Orleans.  In September I am so excited to be seeing the Dixie Chicks!  I loved them in college and am really excited to see them. And Elle King is opening, what a combination!  In October, I am heading to the awesome Voodoo Fest!  I always get my tickets over a year in advance for super cheap and almost forget when the time comes!  I cannot wait to see who will be playing!

Vacations:

At the end of the month I am heading to Orlando for a convention.  It will be so weird to go there and not visit Disneyworld or Harry Potter World. I literally have no free time from the looks of the schedule.  My family always heads to Orange Beach, Alabama for our annual 4th of July beach trip. Three generations of us head over and have fun in the sun.  Looking forward to some quality time with my cousins, nieces and nephews!  I am heading to Cincinnati in August to visit the other side of my family.  Looking forward to exploring some new areas of the city!

I love finding new events and meeting new people and Eventbrite is a great way to do it.  In my 37th year I want to grow more as a person and blogger and, if it is possible, have more fun! I browsed my local Eventbrite page and found a quite a few that piqued my interest!

In order to be more well rounded and grow:

I like to get out of my comfort zone every now and again since I am a routine oriented person.  Hmm, what about Burlesque anyone?

non fiction writing class could really help me become a better blogger and maybe branch out into other areas.  When I blog about something not food related, I seem to get more hits.  Maybe it's a sign!

This Italian cooking class really looks great and could expand my horizons beyond my family favorites and what I find on Pinterest.  I am a pretty good cook, but there is always room to get better!

In order to have more fun and meet new people in the process:

I missed this wine tasting but set an alert to see when they have more!  Eventbrite also shows you similar classes that you may be interested in, so you can plan ahead!

I am participating in the June Eat Local Challege, so how great is this garden happy hour to keep me in line.  I am definitely going!

And how could I forget about the 610 Stompers Wet Hot American Summer Bar Crawl!  What a fun event with some ordinary men with extraordinary moves!

What will you do to help combat FOMO and get in the habit of GOMO? Do you ever use Eventbrite to find or plan events?

Hope y'all have a great weekend!

XOXO-

Missy

Eventbrite did not compensate me monetarily for this post, but may repost to their social media.  All opinions are my own, I promise! Remember the Blue Apron post?

No comments