Recapping the Weekend, Family reunion style!

Howdy readers!  Hope you had a fabulous weekend!  I sure did!  I started it Friday with a two hour leg and hip opening yoga class at Free to Be with a guest instructor in from Colorado.  It was amazing and I sweat like a banshee.  We did pidgeon pose on each side for about 5 minutes, literally.  It was so lovely to treat my body to such a good stretch.

I did some shopping Saturday on Magazine Street and geared up a little for summer. I stayed home Saturday night and drank wine and read a book.  I cannot remember the last time I did that.  It felt so good!

Sunday was the Young Family Reunion at my second cousin Anne's house.  It was such a pretty day. My daddy's mom's maiden name is Young so it was her side of the family.  She is one of 4 kids and they all had multiple kids and those kids had multiple kids and so on; there were so many people to see, meet and with whom to reconnect. And there was plenty of great food, my great-grandpa was a chef so you know where I get it from now!

Anne's beautiful waterfront backyard!
My plate.  I tried to keep it low carb, but I had to try my own pasta salad (it needed more dressing) and I cannot pass up my grandma's squash casserole and any time there is jambalaya!
My cute grandma supervising cornhole.  Do y'all all call it that?
Cute second cousin Pam brought sugar cookies and supplies for the kiddos to decorate cookies!
PaCalvin, my great grandpa.  He would have loved to see his legacy today!
One of the last times we had a reunion, I am guessing this was about 32 years ago judging by how old I look in the center.
You know it was well attended, this is just my grandma's family!  We were just missing 4 grandchildren, got all her kids and great grandchildren!
Family is the best!  My cousin is in from Los Angeles for an extended visit and I am looking forward to speding some quality time with her this week.  I have jury duty this week and next so that may damper that and blogging.  Wish me luck that I don't get picked for a jury!

Hope everyone is having a painless Monday!  How was your weekend?

Happy Cooking!

Missy

P.S. This is my 200th post!  Good Lord time flies!

No comments