Five for Friday- Wait, It's Friday?!

Hola amigos!  It is Friday but it feels like Wednesday to me! I was off Monday for travel back from Austin we were precautionarily off on Tuesday for Harvey so this week started late.  And I have a three day weekend?!  Score!  Linking up with the lovely Amanda for Friday Favorites, here we go! 

ONE:

I got an Apple Watch!  I am loving it!  I missed my Garmin Vivofit, but it was so ugly and I could not bear to wear it anymore.  I am loving not having to look at my phone in meetings and keeping track of my steps, workouts and all the other things I have to discover! Do you have one?  What is your favorite part about it?



TWO:

It is College Football Season!  I feel bad that the tragedy in Houston has caused LSU's season opener to be moved here, but is it bad that I am excited because now I get to go!?  It makes me feel better that the money made off the game is going back to Houston, and we are taking the infrastructure madness off their shoulders. Speaking of madness, not only are we LSU fans are known for our drinking and we are playing BYU,who are not known for their drinking; it is Southern Decadence this weekend so there will be lots of gay men and the people that love to hold mean signs about them up in town.  Talk about some interesting people watching!



THREE:

I cannot believe it has been 20 years since Princess Diana died!  This is one thing (besides the OJ car chase, 9/11, when we got Bin Laden, when the saints won the Superbowl) that I will always remember where I was.  I was at Madigans Bar and the bar got as close to silent as it could get.  And now that the statute of limitations has run and you have done the math, yes, I was using a fake ID, hee hee. If you remember where you were, where were you?

FOUR:

I have had three Fantasy Football Drafts this year.  I think I may have to cut down next year but it's like choosing between my hypothetical children.  I have: 1. My all ladies league where there is an epic photoshop of the poor performer of the week and a donation to the last place finisher's favorite charity 2. My extended family league where the buy in is only $10 and the smack talking is awesome 3. The all dude league I petitioned to join 10 years ago.  My avatar was banned as offensive because one of the jerks in my league reported it (it was not offensive) and there is a group text that makes me cringe.  I need to quit one...I guess we would all say quit #3 right?  Do you play fantasy football?

FIVE:

What are your labor day plans?  I don't have any but the LSU game but I want to live vicariously through you!  Beach?  Lake?  Grilling?

Hope whatever you do, it is a good one!  See you back here next week with some more yummy food!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments