Never underestimate the power of a dollop of Daisy (Sour Cream pound cake)

We had a ton of sour cream leftover from Hogs for the Cause.  I could not bear to let it get thrown away so I took 4 big squeeze ones home, determined to make use of them.  They expire on my birthday at the end of May, so I have time to be creative!

We had our annual family crawfish boil on Good Friday and I thought making a delicious dessert would be the perfect accompaniment.  I scoured the internet looking for something to make with sour cream and settled on this Sour Cream Pound Cake. I am so glad I did.

This is something you can just have a tiny bite of and feel happy.  I brought it to Easter as well and everyone loved it, so much that my grandparents reported they had a slice every day for the rest of the week!  So know you know it keeps well.  I chose to pour a chocolate glaze on top, but I think this will also be more than delightful with a sprinkle of powdered sugar and some fruit.  Make this, it is easy, you don't need to use the fancy pan I did, and it will last a whole week! Full recipe to follow the montage.

Doesn't that just look delicious?
Yup, that is it!  I had it all in my house, do it!
So fluffy and yummy!
I just love a bundt pan, they are fun!
See how fun!  I was so happy it came out well.
Yup, definitely very well, even without the glaze!

Sour Cream Pound Cake (via Taste of Home)
Cake:

1 cup butter, softened
3 cups sugar
6 large eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Confectioners' sugar, optional

In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream and vanilla. Beat on low just until blended. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired. Or glaze like I did!

Chocolate Glaze:

2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons hot water
1 tablespoon vanilla

Melt chocolate and butter together over low heat. Once melted whisk in powdered sugar, mix well. Stir in water 1 tablespoon at a time. Whisk in vanilla.  Drizzle over cake.  Allow to set until chocolate hardens.

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments