Recapping the long weekend- turkey time!

Hello my dear friends!  Happy Monday!  The holiday season is officially here!  I had a nice long weekend full of family, friends, food and football, four of my favorite things.  Hope you had some great times as well whether you had family or friends, watched Gilmore Girls or Amanda Knox or something completely different.  Here is my very condensed recap of a great long weekend.

My grandma makes a mean turkey!
How cute is my youngest (until February) niece?  Miss Alice was so cute in her streetcars!

I had a full smorgasbord,  it was delicious!
The desserts were..
And the pies were
and the cheesecake was delicious.
My handsome nephew was kind enough to pose for a pic!

Friday as promised I got up most of my decorations (still no tree 😞 )
I made turkey stock too!
Instead of turkey gumbo, I made pizza.

I got caught on instagram going to Pure Barre one of my three times 💪

Saturday, my sweet friends and I did small business Saturday on Magazine Street.  Found some great gifts and a few things for myself!
Saturday night I made some ridiculously amazing pork chops and read a book, Evelyn, After.  It was a good quick read, but not something I would recommend as a must read.  But maybe a good one for a book club that actually has discussion. 
Sunday we had another installment of Chain Gang!

It was my turn to host, we did Buffalo Wild Wings and watched Football.  I love this place for many reason.  But man I wanted more sauce on my wings! The staff was so great to accommodate our large group, ever changing number in our party and our various fan bases.  It was a blast!

How was your weekend?  Hope it was a blast!  What was your favorite dessert?  Mine was the pumpkin ginger cheesecake with caramel sauce!

Happy Cooking!  Missy

No comments