A New Football Party Staple (Chipotle Chicken Bites)

This is an iPhone post that was an afterthought and has no after picture.  That should be of no matter to you, these little bites are delightful!  I decided to throw these together for a Saints game viewing at Gentleman Caller's friends' house.  I love the Trader Joe's Chopped Southwest Salad, but sometimes I have to improvise and get the Dole version at Rouses.  It always comes with a creamy chipotle dressing.  I am more of a yogurt based or vinaigrette girl so I never use the dressing.  I kept them though just in case.  They came in handy for this recipe!

I always love an appetizer in a mini phyllo cup such as my sausage cheese tartlets.  These are just as delightful as those and will soon become a staple like them.  The chipotle flavor really comes through and the red bell pepper adds such brightness.  The soft and cheesy chicken contrasts so well with the crunchy shells.  Have I made you want to make these yet?  Try them yourself, you will be amazed!  Full recipe to follow the montage.

I neglected to take an after pic.  I was in a hurry to see the Saints!
Friends of chicken ready for duty.
Cooking the yummy chicken.
Ready for mixing!
Don't you just want to eat that up with a fork.
Ready for the oven!

 Chipotle Chicken Bites:

2 boxes frozen mini phyllo cups
1/2 lb. chicken breast
1 1/2 cups chipotle ranch dressing
1/4 cup roasted red bell pepper, chopped
2 green onions, chopped
1 cup cheddar jack cheese, divided (really any cheese will work)

Preheat oven to 375. Cook chicken in dressing in a sauce pan over medium, breaking it up as it cooks.  Combine shredded chicken, bell pepper, green onions and half of the cheese.  Spoon into phyllo shells to fill.  Top with reserved cheddar.  Bake for 10-15 minutes or until bubbling and melted.

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments