Recapping the weekend-Book Club and fun!

Howdy friends! recapping the weekend on a Tuesday since I linked up with the Blended Blog yesterday.  It was a fun weekend with some of my favorite people and both LSU and the Saints won!  Always great when that happens!

Friday Night I made some collard greens, cleaned my house, called my Senator to ask him to support the FBI investigation and found some of my old calendars from the 90's.  I was surprised by how much detail I went into!  Only people who really know me know what some of these references mean! Felt so timely to find them!



Saturday morning I tried out the new Pure Reform class from Pure Barre.  It was so hard, I could not do some of it!  I was not as sore after as I thought I would be, but I know this is going to tighten my abs with more classes!



I went to see my niece play soccer after and man it was hot!  It tuckered some out more than others...

My poor Ruby looked for a nap wherever she could find one!
After that I cam home to add some fall decor to my home despite the summer weather.  I love my owls on my mantle and pumpkin candle!



Saturday night Gentleman Caller and I walked to the lovely 1000 Figs for pregame dinner since LSU didn't kick off until 8:15.  They did not have a table for us, but let us go next door and eat at the neighboring wine store, Swirl..  We got a great cheaper bottle of wine and got to sit in the window! They even came to clear our plates!



Sunday I hosted Book Club.  We read When Life Gives you Lululemons as I told you Friday.  We all enjoyed it and had a lively discussion!  I made two pizzas, one which will be forthcoming to the blog and the other my old favorite, ratatouille pizza! I also had a simple arugula salad.  Most of it was made with my Covey Rise produce club haul!


My friend Laura brought a delightful toffee dessert.  I need to get the recipe!

After we went and met the men and one member's baby at Wayward Owl to watch the Saints play.  Gentleman Caller was the baby whisperer and got her to sleep!

He is well trained from his boys!
We grabbed wings for dinner after at a place we have been wanting to try, J's Creole Wingery.  The place was so cute and the wings were delightful.  After all that, it was off to bed early!

We need to come back here when it is cooler!
It was a fully packed weekend and I got family time, quality time with my man and lovely time in with my ladies.  I know it is Tuesday, but how was your weekend?

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments