The bulk buy that keeps on giving (Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies)

I bulk bought oatmeal a ways back and cannot seem to go through it all.  My Covey Rise share one week had nothing that was fit for breakfast even for my creative mind, so I decided to use up some of the oats.  I still wanted to be healthy, so I decided to make some carrot cake cookies that popped up on Pinterest.

I doctored these up quite a bit.  I was out of maple syrup and am not gluten free or dairy free so I made it a little less healthy but they are still healthy all the same. And so good and comforting warm out of the oven with a little butter.  I made squash butter with my acorn squash and spread that on it and it was to die for!

Make these treats for you and yours!  There are other versions on the original pin that I cannot wait to go back and try!  Linking up with all the usual suspects below.  Full recipe to follow the montage.

Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies
Looks almost too good to be breakfast!
Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies
The cast.  Some improvisations did not show up for roll call.
Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies
Just scream fall do these dry ingredients!
Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies
Ready to bake!

Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies


Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies (Adapted from She Likes Food)

2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats, gluten free certified if necessary
3/4 cups flour, gluten free or whole wheat
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon milk (I used almond)
2 tbsp. honey
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup grated carrot

  • Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
  • Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl and stir. 
  • Add all remaining ingredients and mix again until everything is combined.  
  • Use a 1/4 cup scoop to scoop the batter onto the parchment paper. 
  •  Pat the tops down a little and bake cookies for 15-17 minutes, until firm and cooked through. 
  •  Let cool on a wire rack before eating.
Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments