Friday Favorites -C'mon fall weather!

Hi friends!  Happy Friday and hello weekend!  It has been a long week and I have spotty plans and excited to do some cooking!  Linking up with Amanda for Friday Favorites.

I have been so spotty about recapping my weekends!  Last weekend, we made a nice little getaway across the lake to Covington for my friend Kelly's 40th birthday party.  The party at the beautiful Ox Lot 9 was so lovely, and the LSU game after was even better since we beat Georgia!  Kelly and I have been friends since college and she is how I have met all the girls in my email group.  We have a daily email that we started in 2006 and it is still going strong.  We share random tidbits of our lives and keep in touch through all the life changes.  I love this group!

Just missing 3 of us!  
You know I started this blog to pursue my passions outside of my "real job. "  It helped me so much when I needed it three and a half years ago.  This article confirms that it really is so good for you!  And if you haven't watched Binging with Babish, you must!  It is one of Gentleman Caller and my favorite quick video series on YouTube.


Some friends and I went to see The Green Book premiere at the New Orleans Film Festival in the beautiful Orpheum Theater.  It was shot entirely in New Orleans and it was so fun picking out all the spots they turned into other cities.  It was funny and very moving all at the same time.  I highly recommend it when it comes out in theaters!

This was the car from the movie!
I feel like I just hosted Book Club and now we are meeting again Saturday afternoon to have a pumpkin decorating bash! This time we read (well I am hurrying to finish tonight) Almost Innocent  which was hard to find!  Our hostess is making some pork and green chile chili.  I cannot wait!

I think fall weather is finally making an appearance, but we shall see if it sticks around!  It should at least stick around for some outdoor Saints watching Sunday at the Tchoup Yard to keep enjoying the weather after outdoor yoga.  This old lady needs her stretching!

What do you have planned for the weekend?  Hope you have a good one!

Happy Cooking!

Missy


No comments