Recapping the weekend, Hanukkah, and a low key new years!

Hello my friends!  Happy New Year!  I am so excited to start anew this year and have an excellent year.  2016 rocked because I traveled so much and I am looking forward to a calmer year with a little less of that and a little more Nola living!  I hope you and yours had a wonderful weekend, I sure did and am enjoying my day off today!  Linking up with Biana for weekending.  

Friday night I went to my friend Jen and her hubby Dave's for a Hanukkah party.  It was so good to see some elements of another culture and try their comfort cuisine!  Jen was such a good hostess and fun was had by all!

The 7th day, I loved the way it looked in her window!

The brisket was the shit!  I have some in my fridge I plan on making into enchiladas!
We had latkes with dipping sauces!
And Jewish donuts (so good and a post to come!) with creme Anglaise and chocolate sauce


We played dreidel!  So fun!  The kids loved it. And it was just for chocolate.


I need a recipe for this apple cake!


The whole gang! 

Saturday this little miss got a haircut while her momma watched LSU kick butt in the Citrus Bowl
I also discovered My best nine!  So funny that all of mine were from June till December.



My gentleman caller and I had a yummy new years dinner 

New Years eve was so rainy we just had dinner and watched Deadpool (so funny) and ventured out in the monsoon for 5 minutes of fireworks and a midnight kiss.  I tried to copy Noodle and Pie's Brussels sprouts, post to come! They were yummy!

New years day we had the traditional meal and then I had Sunday funday with my high school friends Aimee and Becca over some Veuve Clicquot and more rain.  


Hope you are ready for a new year!  I sure am!  I cannot wait to start my photography classes in two weeks to make this a better blog and I will learn to love taking the stairs at lunch!

Happy Cooking! 
Missy

No comments