Ready, set, dinner. Well a side at least (Truffled sweet and white potatoes)

I told you about my dinner on the fly night when I shared the gremolata yesterday.  I needed a side for that chicken so I looked to see what I had on hand.  I had a sweet potato, a white potato and garlic and thyme.  I also had some truffle oil that I hadn't used in ages. I thought, wow this would all be good together, like fancy fries!  I was not wrong.

This was very delicious and very garlicky. If you don't like garlic (I absolutely cannot understand people that don't like it) then don't make this.  But if you are even a little bit team garlic, you will love this.  The thyme in it paired so well with the gremolata on the chicken that went with it too.  These were really good the next day reheated with a fried egg for breakfast!  Full recipe to follow the montage. Linking up for Meal Plan Monday!

truffled sweet and white potatoes
So yummy and such a treat!
truffled sweet and white potatoes
Ah natural daylight, you make food blogging so much better.
truffled sweet and white potatoes
I may have gone a little overboard with the garlic...or maybe its just a #bowwowchallenge
truffled sweet and white potatoes
Toss them and turn them
truffled sweet and white potatoes
Spread them all around
truffled sweet and white potatoes
After they are roasted toss them with thyme and truffle oil.  Now you are fancy!
truffled sweet and white potatoes
And plate with the aforementioned chicken and Gentleman Caller's favorite salad which you will see tomorrow!

Truffled potatoes:
1 white potato, cubed
1 sweet potato, cubed
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves minced garlic
 kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon white truffle oil
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped

Preheat oven to 450°. Place potatoes on a foiled pan; drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with garlic, salt, and pepper. Toss well to combine. Bake for 35 minutes or until potatoes are browned and tender. Remove from the oven. Drizzle potatoes with truffle oil, and sprinkle with thyme. Toss gently to combine.

No comments