When life throws you potatoes (Greek style roasted potatoes with lemon)

Remember how I told you they throw produce at St. Patrick's day?  Well here is yet another post about thrown produce! I caught one red potato and a few lemons so I decided to make something yummy with them.  When you Google potato and lemon, you usually get a result of some sort of Greek dish.  I was inspired as I love Greek food...well Americanized Greek food.

I decided just to make up my own little recipe with one of my favorite kitchen spices, Cavender's Greek seasoning.  This stuff is so great!  I love it on chicken when I make my favorite Greek Salad or when I am having a boring chicken and a side dinner.  Check it out sometime.  They did not pay me to say that, I really like the stuff!

This was a yummy and different way to do your boring old potatoes and spice up dinner.  The lemon really brightens it up for sure! Try these out, you will love them! Perfect with any protein, even with an egg for breakfast!  Full recipe to follow the montage.

Greek style red potatoes
Just plain yummy!
Greek style red potatoes
The very simple ingredients for this simple dinner for one.
Greek style red potatoes
I love the color contrast on red potatoes
Greek style red potatoes
I chopped these guys kind of big so they could stand on their own.
Greek style red potatoes
Mix them in a bowl with seasoning and a little oil.
Greek style red potatoes
Roast them for a bit, squeeze some lemon and then roast some more!
Greek style red potatoes
I served them with BBQ chicken and leftovers of that terrifyingly delicious cabbage.  

Greek style roasted potatoes with lemon (serves 2)

Ingredients:
two large red potatoes, cut into one inch chunks
Greek seasoning* (see note)
1/2 white onion chopped
two cloves garlic, minced
one tbsp. Greek seasoning
juice of two small or one large lemon.

Preheat to 375.  Toss your potatoes, onion, garlic and seasoning with a bit of oil to coat.  Place on a foiled baking sheet and into preheated oven. Cook ten minutes, then squeeze lemon juice and toss to coat.  Up the heat to 400, cook another 10 minutes, until potatoes look browned.  Serve!

*Note-If you do not have greek seasoning, just do equal parts dried oregano, pepper and garlic salt

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments