Some Friendly Inspiration (Thyme Bacon Gremolata and Chicken Thighs)

I had a lot of people over for Jazz Fest.  Most of them brought me treats and supplies like champagne, toilet paper and sausage.  My friend Laura brought me some thyme from her parents' garden.  She also suggested I pair it with bacon and onion over a protein. I remembered that as I put away the thyme.

The next week, Gentleman Caller and I decided to have a #tuesdayisthenewfriday (our usual date night) at home. He had to work late so I decided to make dinner on the fly.  I remembered the thyme and realized I had everything I needed to make a delightful meal. 

I added lemon zest and garlic to Laura's idea and subbed shallot for the onion and called it gremolata. And it was a good decision.  The flavors combined to make a party in my mouth and paired really well with the chicken.  I bet it would be excellent on fish too!  This is easy yet fancy, adds a ton of flavor and will impress your family members or guests!  Make this and you will not be disappointed. Full recipe to follow the montage. Linking up for Meal Plan Monday!

thyme bacon gremolata
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!
thyme bacon gremolata
The simple and fresh cast. I decided on the shallot after I shot this. 
thyme bacon gremolata
The three best friends anyone cold ever have!
thyme bacon gremolata
Oh my did this smell good!


thyme bacon gremolata
I wanted to show you how much zest I used.
thyme bacon gremolata
Mix it all together
thyme bacon gremolata
And plate.  You will get the other recipes soon too!
Thyme bacon gremolata:

4 sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves removed and chopped
2 slices of bacon, cut into bite sized pieces
1/2 shallot, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. grated lemon zest
black pepper to taste.

Heat the bacon in a skillet over medium heat.  When it starts to brown a little, add shallot and garlic and stir, cooking until bacon is done and browned.  Remove to a paper towel and cool for a few minutes.  Add to a bowl and add rest of ingredients.  Stir to combine.  Serve over grilled chicken or fish.  Also really good in a breakfast hash.

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments