Five for Friday- Vacation Time yet again!

Hey y'all happy friday!  I am linking up with Amanda for Friday Favorites and Tif/Katie/ Caitlin/Della for High Five for Friday!  Hope your week was short and your weekend is long! Here we go!


ONE:


I am heading to Biloxi with my three best friends from High school.  We are having a fancy dinner, spa time and pool time.  I am so excited!  We have not done a trip like this for four years. 


TWO:

We have some TV!  I got an HDTV antenna from Amazon and it was so easy, and boom, we have 15 channels!  I still miss HGTV but now at least I can watch the Today show in the morning! And it is just in time for...


THREE:

THE OLYMPICS!  I am a nerd for them.  I won't get my full coverage of them without cable but at least I can see the big swimming, track and gymnastics events.  Those are my favorites.  Do you like the olympics?  What is your favorite event?


FOUR:

I have started putting the finished product picture first on my recipe posts.  My faithful reader and coworker Mary Katherine noticed and told me she liked it. It made me smile.  Have you noticed it?  I think it was better than showing ingredients first.

FIVE:


I was so inspired this week by Chelsea's Project Happy Post.  My life really changed for the better when I read the Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin.  It put me in such a good place to create my own happiness and was a much needed crutch last summer when I struggled with that due to some uncontrollables.  Since it is the beginning of my new year (I tend to run on a fiscal year that starts in July/August) I thought her post was perfect, and I put it to practice. I woke up early and went to the gym at 6:00 most days, did not complain out loud about things, bought myself flowers, lit the good candles, wore some old staples, and took Ginger on a proper walk every day.  It felt great! Try it out for yourself!

I'll be back Monday with a full recap of the fun weekend ahead!  Hope yours is fantastic!  

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments