Don't you try to change me woman! (Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Soup)

As you are probably aware I have a love affair with Buffalo Chicken flavors.  I have a Pinterest board dedicated to my obsession and I probably use buffalo sauce at least once a week.  Pinterest is now targeting pins at things you seem to browse a lot, a currently mine is full of rugs and buffalo chicken! Must be the moving!

This pin for buffalo chicken chili kept popping up in my feed and finally I clicked on it and fell in like.  I knew I could make a few changes to it and I could fall in love.  Disclaimer...don't use this method in real life, love everyone as you find them, don't try to change them!

So, I just changed this into a delicious soup not a crock pot chili.  There was no chiles in it or chili powder so that makes it not chili in my ex Texan cookbook.  And I only made it on the stovetop because had some unexpected spare time on my hands, but you are more than welcome to do the crock pot method according to the original recipe.  

This was so delicious and I ate it over multiple days and did not get sick of it, the mark of a good keeper recipe!  Feel free to make it with my changes or follow the original recipe or heck, tweak it to your liking!  Full recipe to follow the montage.

Delicious, low carb and so reheatable!
I am very proud to say that a good bit of this cast is a local product!  
This recipe does take a bit of chopping, you may want to enlist a helper. Such as, a glass of wine.
Saute them up real nice like a good mirepoix likes.
And then add chopped chicken because they were out of ground.  That only happens when I need it for some reason.  I hate it when that happens!
When the chicken looks cooked like this, start adding the rest of your ingredients.
Simmer them for awhile to get them nice and acquainted.
And then add your cream cheese.  Whisk it, coax it, give it a xanax, whatever you have to do to get it to incorporate itself into the party.
And then ladle it up and top it with a bit of cheese and green onion.
You can use blue cheese too if you aren't weird like me and hate it.
No matter what you top it with, I can promise you that you will be wanting a second bowl!
Buffalo Chicken Soup (Adapted from Slow Cooker Gourmet)
1 onion, chopped
3 stalks of celery, chopped
3 small carrots, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, chopped (remember I like garlic)
1 pound of ground or cut up chicken
1 can white navy beans, drained and rinsed
14.5 oz can fire roasted tomatoes, drained
salt and pepper to taste
4 cups chicken broth
¼ - ½ cup buffalo wing sauce (start with ¼ cup and add more at end if needed)
1 package ranch dressing mix
8 oz cream cheese, chopped into pieces
Cheese and chopped green onions for chopping


Saute first four ingredients in a dutch oven with a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat until onions are translucent.  Add in chicken and cook until fully cooked.  Add remaining ingredients until cream cheese and give it all a stir to combine. Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes.  Add cream cheese and let cook for 10 minutes, whisking to combine well. Adjust seasoning to taste.  Top individual bowls with cheese and green onion.  Enjoy!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

Linking this up with Meal Plan Monday #59!

No comments