Low carb and delivered to my door (Home Chef Skinny Mozzarella Chicken)

My roommate gets Home Chef once a week.  She was a traveling fool just like me this late summer and had a couple of meals in the fridge going bad that she offered up for the making. I took her up on it as I hate seeing food go to waste.  There were two choices and I chose the one that was more likely to go bad first, the Skinny Mozzarella Chicken with Garlicky Greens.

This was really good!  Due to user error, I had to chunk the spinach and use my own.  I should have chunked the basil because it was wilty.  But please know this box was on its way to the trash, it was nothing like my Blue Apron experience! But I will say, there were more steps, more processed ingredients and some changes I would have made to this.

Such as?  Garlicky means garlicky to me.  2 cloves of garlic does not equal garlicky.  I think I would have used olive oil or melted butter for crusting the chicken, it was a bit hard to coat and messy. Other than that, it was pretty easy, but I still prefer Plated.  Have you tried Home Chef?  Do you have any thoughts on it?  Again, I just used my roommate's box.  Home Chef did not send me this, I was not compensated in any way and all of these words are my own!  Full recipe after the montage.

That's a perdy low carb plate!
This is the plastic wrapped cast.
The kale was still as fresh as a daisy as kale is wont to do.
The butter was softened but still not liquidy enough.  My spell check confirmed that was a word!
See what I mean?
No really, see what I mean?
Saute up your greens and make them smaller.
Looks a bit crusted. but again I think olive oil would have worked better.
Sauce Sauce Sauce, I like sauce.  Or is that Scotch?
Nestle your chicken on in. And cover with cheese.
I may have wanted a ride in the broiler to get some browning, but that's me.
And there you have it.  A lovely low carb plate!

Skinny Mozzarella Chicken (recipe from Home Chef)
⅗ oz. Butter
2 Garlic Cloves
8 oz. Kale
2 Basil Sprigs
2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
¾ oz. Grated Parmesan Cheese
3 oz. Spinach
8 fl. oz. Marinara Sauce
2 oz. Shredded Mozzarella

Mince garlic. Stem kale and coarsely chop. Stem basil, stack leaves, roll into a long cylinder, and slice across the length to create very thin strips. Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry.  Cut chicken breasts into thirds. Combine softened butter and grated Parmesan in a small bowl. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Coat chicken pieces evenly on both sides with butter-Parmesan mixture. Place coated chicken on prepared baking sheet and bake 15-17 minutes, or until chicken reaches a minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees. While chicken bakes, start cooking kale and spinach. Place a medium non-stick pan over medium heat. Add 1 tsp.olive oil, garlic, 1 Tbsp. water, spinach, and kale to hot pan and cook 3-4 minutes, or until wilted. Remove from burner and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Transfer to a plate and wipe pan clean. Return pan used to cook greens over low heat. Add marinara sauce, ¼ cup water, and chicken to hot pan. Increase heat to medium, spoon sauce over chicken, and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top. Cover and cook 2 minutes, or until mozzarella melts. If you don't have a lid for your pan, spray a piece of foil with cooking spray (to prevent cheese from sticking) and cover pan.  Add a serving of garlicky greens to a plate. Nestle three pieces of chicken next to greens. Spoon marinara over chicken and garnish with basil.

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments