All this one needs is one photo (Keto loaded radish individual casseroles)

You know what is hard about food blogging?   Trying to balance it all.  Working and having a life and trying to shoot every meal in the perfect light, with each step documented is hard to do sometimes. When I first started this blog, I was trying not to drink, smoke or cry too much so it was easier to be home for natural light, because I barely left the house.  Now that I am back to normal life, and there are Instagram stories, it is getting harder and harder.

So today, you only have a finished product photo of this delicious side dish, because my camera was out of batteries and charged while I cooked after working late and working out.  But, I was determined to share it with you because Gentleman Caller and I loved this so much!

It is basically fully loaded potatoes, but with radishes!  I was sick of pickling radishes and using them for stir fry so I decided to try something new.  And who knew, it is keto too!  I don't practice that, but I could get behind eating like this!  Make this, you will save calories and love the taste, what a win win! Full recipe to follow the one photo!

Keto loaded radish mini casseroles
I mean this is really all you need right?

Keto Loaded Radishes Mini Casseroles (Adapted from Gnom Gnom)

Ingredients

2 bunches or one bag medium radishes (about 20) trimmed and thinly sliced
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
sea salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper  to taste
butter (just a little to butter the ramekins, you can also use olive oil or spray)
1/2-3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup sour cream to taste
4-6 bacon slices crispy and crumbled
chives or green onions thinly sliced, to taste

Preheat oven to 400°F. Place radishes on a foiled baking dish, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Roast for 45-50 minutes, until golden and lightly crisp, tossing them about half way through.  Butter a mini ramekin and place a layer of radishes in it.  Top with cheddar and repeat until full.  Set your oven to broil, and cook your cheddar-topped radishes until the cheese is fully melted.  Serve right away topped with sour cream, crumbled crispy bacon and green onions.

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments