That's a mouthful! (Leek artichoke and tomato pasta with sausage and white wine)

My man loves a carb and I am lucky he loves me as I avoid carbs!  I do not make pasta very often, but when I do, I like it to have a ton of flavor.  I was deciding what to do with the leeks in my latest Covey Rise share and decided to make a pasta with it.  Cherry tomatoes were also present in the share and I decided they would be a great addition.  I looked around my kitchen for other yummy additions and found artichoke hearts, onion and garlic.  Some white wine, mustard and sausage rounded out the dinner plans.

I had no recipe, and just created this dish on the fly.  I decided to roast the tomatoes so as to keep them whole and give that fun burst later.  The leeks are always great melted down with some fat.  The sausage was a great protein addition and the sauce was full of flavor!  Gentleman caller loved it and appreciated the indulgence.  It was so yummy in my book, I didn't even feel guilty!  Make this, you will love it and want seconds.  Go ahead-you deserve them!  Full recipe to follow the montage.

Leek tomato and sausage pasta
What a yummy bowl of indulgence!

Leek tomato and sausage pasta
The cast. I love cooking with wine, and sometimes I put it in the food!
Leek tomato and sausage pasta
Roasted tomatoes and garlic sounds good to me!
Leek tomato and sausage pasta
The sausage was in my freezer and I'm not sure what kind it was!
Leek tomato and sausage pasta
Look that those yummy leeks! 
Leek tomato and sausage pasta
Combine it all in a pot and call it dinner!
Leek artichoke and tomato pasta with sausage and white wine (My own recipe)

Ingredients:
1 pint cherry tomatoes
3-5 cloves garlic chopped
1 small onion, chopped
3 leeks, trimmed, cleaned and cut into half moons
1 pack of sausage, sliced (whatever kind you like)
1 small jar marinated artichokes, chopped
½ cup chicken broth
½ cup white wine
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
Angel hair pasta

Preheat oven to 375.  Place tomatoes on a foil lined baking sheet and sprinkle with garlic.  Season with salt and pepper.  Roast for about 20-25 minutes until tomatoes are about to burst.  Cook the rest of ingredients while they are in oven.  Heat a tablespoon of oil in a heavy pot over medium heat and add leek and onion.  Sauté until translucent.  Add the sausage and artichokes and cook until sausage is browned.  Add the broth, wine and mustard and stir to combine. Heat until simmering and then lower heat.  Start the pasta and cook according to package directions when you lower heat.  When the pasta is done, drain it and add to pot with all the goodies.  Take the tomatoes out and pour them into the pot.  Toss all to combine and add a smidge of Parmesan cheese.

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments