The Blended Blog Asks...August

Hi friends, happy Monday!  I had a fun weekend of dinner with some girlfriends,  dinner out with my best friend, errands and much needed yoga. 

My best friend Toni.  We've been best friends since 3rd grade (except freshman year, lol)
I was so excited to see some of my favorite people.  You know what else is exciting?  Linking up with The Blended Blog for the August linkup about parties!  Thanks to the sweet Andrea of Living on Cloud Nine for inviting me.  It's not too late for you, link up!



1. Favorite Birthday Party as a Child?

When I was younger (grades 3-7) I had slumber parties. We would have the traditional pizza and cookie cake. But the untraditional part? We would have a wedding! We would draw names to be all of the required parties and have the ceremony.  The lucky bride even got to wear my mom's wedding dress!  My dad would film it every time! I need to go back and find that footage!

But my favorite as an adult was my surprise 30th birthday party! My wonderful family threw it for me and my three best friends who all lived out of town came in for it!  It was such a wonderful night!

Me and my Daddy at my surprise party.  I felt so loved!

2. Do you like to Entertain? Yes or No?

 I love to entertain! I love hosting book club, dinner parties, meetings, game night, you name it!

3. What kind of Parties are your favorite?

Hmm, I love getting all dressed up for Holiday parties.  But my favorite is a casual party at a friend's house!

4. Big or Small Parties?

I like medium sized, can't say small or big!

5. Favorite thing to do at Parties?

Mingle I guess?  Try new party foods, see friends, drink and be merry!

6. Party Food Favorites?

So many! But just to name a few
7. Favorite Flavor of Birthday cake? 

I love a Chocolate Doberge cake!  Gambinos is always my traditional fave, but I love the new fun Debbie Does Doberge as well!

8. Balloons? Yes or No?

Balloons are always a great choice!

9. Best Party Song? 

I am partial to This is How we Do it



10. Do you like to Dance? Yes or No?

Yes I do.  I was on the dance team in high school and am known to dance at parties.  I once got in a dance off at the Florabama with a guy and I won!

This was in 2010.  I still haven't lost my moves though.  That is my opponent behind me.
What a fun link up, I love thinking of fun memories!




Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments