You have to make this (Marinated Cheese Appetizer)

Y'all this recipe.  It is so freaking good!  I have made it for parties and everyone always wants the recipe!  My Aunt Sue Sue  and her daughters always make this for family get togethers and it is divine.  I was hosting my other book club a few weeks ago.  It was a "non book month" and we decided to do a clothing and accessories swap.  It was such a great idea and we really got some good stuff!

I wanted to make some light appetizers for the occasion since we were trying on clothes.  I know, I know, cheese is not light, but this feels so light and fresh due to the marinade.  I served it on almond crackers to make it feel even lighter.  You must make this and you must make it soon, it will disappear and all your guests will love it!

Make sure you have your cheeses nice and cold when you cut them or this will be way harder to do than you think. Cutting cream cheese is quite the chore if it is soft!  Full recipe will follow the montage.  Enjoy!

Hi there, how are things?  
The cast.  I was playing around with light and angles, it was fun!
I ended up using four of these guys.  What do you call these?  I call them green onions, some call them scallions and old ladies here call them shallots for some odd reason!
This picture is pretty and shows you why my cutting board looks so green hereafter.
I was watching Game of Thrones intermittently and was inspired and took it out on some garlic.   

Mix all those yummies together to make a marinade that will make you sing.
My OCD is mad at me for this picture.  
Pour the dressing on top and let it marinate in the fridge for as long as you wanna.

And then, hello, how are you almond cracker?


Marinated Cheese 

Ingredients
1 (8 oz.) block sharp cheddar cheese
2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese (you will only use half of the second one.)

Marinade: 
1/2 c. olive oil 
1/2 c. white wine vinegar 
3 T. chopped fresh parsley 
3 T. minced green onions 
3 cloves garlic, minced 
1 (2 oz.) jar diced pimiento, drained 
1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste


Combine all marinade ingredients in a jar; cover tightly and shake vigorously. Set aside. Make sure cheeses are well-chilled (I put them in the freezer for about 15 minutes). Cut block of cheddar in half lengthwise; then cut crosswise into 1/4"-thick slices. Set aside. Cut the cream cheese, following the same procedure. Arrange cheese slices alternately in a shallow baking dish, standing slices on edges. Pour marinade over cheese slices. Cover and refrigerate at least eight hours. Serve with crackers and a spoon for the marinade at the bottom!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments