I love when an impromptu plan comes together (Baked buffalo chicken tacos)


It is my first post in my new house! My new/old house has such great light you are going to notice my pictures getting a lot better!  I was not living here yet when I made this recipe, and was geeking out all weekend while I dog sat!  That day I was perusing my usual Blog friends and Amanda at Meet at the Barre had mentioned baked buffalo chicken tacos in her Friday favorites.  Being a buffalo flavor lover, I had to click through.  I had all the ingredients except for hard shells, but I had corn tortillas so I could make those!

These were so good!  I loved the buffalo flavor and the texture of the chicken and cheese against the hard baked shell.   I used some rotisserie chicken I had leftover instead of cooking some chicken and that made it a lot easier. You should definitely make this if you love buffalo chicken like I do and you should probably make it even if you don't.  You can change up the flavor by using different cheese, adding ranch, putting some carrots on it, you name it!  Full recipe after the montage! Linking up with Meal Plan Monday, click on over and check it out!


I will add the bonus recipe of my homemade taco shells so you don't have to visit the terrible original post.  I have come so far!
Make that creamy buffalo sauce.  
I wish the openings were a bit wider, hard to control that!
Add in the chicken and make it a real party.
Add some that and some cheese to the shell and bake.
I chopped up some spinach to make it feel like lettuce.
After 10 minutes, the tacos were ready to get out.

I added some spinach, cherry tomatoes and avocado, all chopped.
Try to contain your excitement.  Also try to keep these together.  Hard tacos are hard to eat!

Baked Buffalo Chicken Tacos (adapted from Gal on a Misson)
2 cups of shredded rotissirie chicken
1 teaspoon paprika  
4 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
1 tablespoons butter
½ cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
hard taco shells
buffalo chicken mixture
shredded cheese
optional toppings:
lettuce
tomatoes
sour cream
hot sauce

Place the cream cheese, butter, and hot sauce into a large pan and simmer over medium heat until the cream cheese has melted. Making sure to stir frequently.  Place the shredded chicken into the mixture and stir to coat. Remove from heat.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line hard taco shells into an 8x8 baking dish or a 9x13 baking dish, depending on how many tacos you are making.  Place 1-2 tablespoons of the buffalo chicken mixture into each hard shell, top with shredded cheese. Repeat with all tacos.  Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted.

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments