Five x 5 For Friday- Beach Trip!

Happy Friday dear readers!  It is vacation time for me!  Leaving after work to head to Orange Beach, Alabama for my annual family vacation at the beach.  In honor of it, this Five for Friday will be all about that trip!   Linking up with Amanda for Friday Favorites and Tif/Katie/Caitlin/Della for High Five for Friday  Here we go!

ONE.

My mom is obsessed with listening to music on the beach and we always do with the obnoxiously large DeWalt radio my friend Lisa gave us.  One day I will get Mom on Bluetooth and get her to compromise on her musical tastes so everyone can be happy.  I can say that because I know she is not a reader just a liker ;)

In this vein, I made my top five beach song list for you!

a. Summertime by Will Smith


b. Heatwave by Martha and the Vendellas

c. Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves


d. If I Ever Feel Better by Phoenix


e. Keep me in Mind by Zac Brown Band (although Toes and Knee Deep should go here too!)

TWO:

My sisters and I each take one breakfast, lunch, dinner, signature drink and dessert each to make.  I am making:

a. Waffles!
b. Salad in a jar for some adults, quesadillas for the kids, Mimi and the uncles.
c. Make your own pizzas (Crust here)
d. Skinny Coco Locos. (below)
e. Saltine Crack Ice Cream Sandwiches

These recipes will be coming soon!

Skinny Coco Locos:

1 liter coconut water
2 cups-ish (we like to drink, you can put less) Malibu Run
1 tbsp. lime juice
2 sprigs of mint clapped between your hands

Combine all ingredients in a pitcher.  Pour over Ice.  Enjoy.  I had about 32 of these when I was in Vegas last summer so I had to ask for the recipe!



THREE:

What's in my large and in charge beach bag?

b. my yeti mug with decal for water between Skinny Coco Locos.


c. My caftan from the Rachel Zoe box of style
d. A beach towel

FOUR:

My top five beach snacks:
a. Fruit skewers (recipe to come)
b. Pretzel Rods
c. Ranch Veggie Straws
d. Doritos
e. Beer

FIVE:
Top five reasons why I love the trip:
b. toes in the sand
c. sitting on the porch and watching the sunset
d. my annual beach master list spreadsheet I make
e. the only time I actually relax!


What are your plans for the 4th?  Do you have an annual family trip?  Hope y'all have great long weekends!  I'll be back on Wednesday with a new post, stay well until then!

Happy Long Weekend!

Missy

No comments