Moving!

Hell Everyone!  Happy Monday!  Hope you had a great weekend!  I sure did as usual.  I am the luckiest girl in the world to have so many awesome people in my life to help move me, drink with me and eat with me .  This weekend turned out to be one of the funnest, even with moving!  I still crammed in a full weekend and got a good bit done around both houses. Here's to a recap of weekending, linking up with Biana.

Friday night was supposed to be low key, but my moving team and I decided to go big and not go home after happy hour.  We decided to go across the river to Algiers Point.  The westbank, even though it is technically south!

I love these people.  Especially when on a ferry with them!
Ah, skyline beautiful skyline!
We met up with some pals and some bikers (as in 10 speed) for some drinks, Dat Dog and music.  

I made my own...Andouille with chili, cheese, tomatoes, jalapeno and sour cream.  So good!
My pals played pool while I jammed out to the bad,
Moving Was supposed to start at 6:30 am, but our late night the night before pushed that to 10.  We did a load and then, of course, right when we pull up at the new house, it starts pouring!  Teamwork ensued.  I decided to treat my movers to lunch for helping me at a fun new place in my old hood, Luca Eats.

The decor was so pretty! All reclaimed wood and old light fixtures.
We all had the same thing, the steak sandwich with caramelized onions, white cheddar and horseradish sauce.  So good with homemade chips!
The move was completed and I put a few things away and then went out to dinner with my sister and almost sisters in town at Trenasse.    Holy cow y'all this place is so good!  I got to pick the restaurant and I knew everyone from out of town wanted seafood.  I hate to brag, but I knocked it out of the park!

Cracklin appetizer (insert smiley eyes emoji)
Duck confit lettuce wraps (ditto and wow, delicious)
Special appetizer, shrimp and crab stuffed frog leg.  I did not have but heard it was good.
Our table was in two camps, Camp Pork Belly and Scallop (so good with brussels sprouts!)
I was on team grouper.  With spinach and pepper jack ravioli.  With homemade tomato sauce and a little piece of heaven scoop of veggies that tasted like macque choux.  So delicious!

For dessert we got two to split.  Beignets with cafe au lait
And salted caramel bread pudding sundae.  Meow.
The true definition of Framily.  Two sets of sisters, one sister from another mister and the hubby's.
Sunday morning I did as much as I could before heading out to brunch with some DG's I had not seen in ages, weeks and years.  We had a great time catching up... and had some great food at Ralph's on the Park, which has endless mimosas for $14.  Yes, it is a bargain.  A very dangerous bargain.

Much like my meal the night before, we had two camps.  Team chicken schnitzel (me!)
And the City Park Breakfast. Who could go wrong!
We celebrated the birthday girl with nothing bundt cakes!
Celebrating 20ish years of sisterhood in Delta Gamma.  We age well like the wine we like to drink.
I came home and did some more packing and then gave in to my own peer pressure to go meet my friends at the Freret Street Crawl for Tales of the Cocktail.  It was my first night out last year when I first moved to the basement so it needed to happen. It is my new tradition!

We started at High Hat.  They have really good fried chicken by the way.  I cannot remember the names of these drinks, but they were good.
A few stops later we found this.  It was amazing.
This reminds me what their hashtag was!  Me and my oldest friend, 32 years and counting!
Yes we met at negative 5 ;)
And we ended the night at Cure.  For booty music and one more glass. So fun!

It was a jam packed weekend as usual.  Looking forward to readjusting to the new house and having a housemate again!  How was your weekend?  Get into anything good?  Happy new week!
Happy Cooking!

MIssy

No comments