And now for something different (Buffalo Chicken Deviled Eggs)

I have never been a fan of regular old deviled eggs.  Too yolky, too mayoish and too weird.  I always wanted to try one, but it was going to have to be one that was different. Yes, I am a southern lady and was in a sorority, why do you ask?  I pinned a buffalo chicken version a while back and remembered it fondly when I was meal planning recently. As I told you yesterday, I was hosting book club without a book month. We were having a clothing swap and I thought light appetizers were the way to go! 

Are deviled eggs light appetizers?  They feel like it to me.  These were awesome.  The hardest part about making them was peeling the eggs.  I rinsed them in cold water and they still didn't come out right, any suggestions?  Also I grilled the chicken and a bit of it did not completely break down.  This actually was a good thing taste wise, but made piping hard.

Make these sometime, just warn your guests if you have any vegetarians, I had to pull one out of my poor sweet veg head friend's hand who I forgot to tell!  Full recipe to follow montage.  Also I do not know what is up with this post, it looks fine in compose mode but gets all wonky in preview after the first pic.  Sorry about that!


The finished product, not bad for my first time!
The cast. Those are some sad green onions!  I need to wrap them in foil to store!
One of them broke, but you can't tell yet.
I just seasoned my chicken with season salt and seared in a pan.  It's my favorite way to do chicken.
Chop it up small and hope it works out!
This would be good enough on its own!
Peeling eggs is my new bane of my existence. Until tomorrow when I have to drive to work.
I think this picture sums up why I was never a fan of deviled eggs, it's just weird man!

I was getting fancy with my piping and then the chicken started acting up.  #thankschicken



Buffalo Chicken Deviled Eggs (Adapted from Peace Love and Low Carb

Ingredients:
6 Large Eggs
6 oz. Cooked Chicken – Chopped
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 Cup Feta Cheese Crumbles
1/4 Cup Franks Buffalo Wing Sauce
1/2 Rib Celery
2 Tbs. ranch Dressing
3 green onions, chopped 

Put the eggs in a large sauce pan with cold, salted water. Add enough water that the eggs are fully submerged. Over high heat bring water to a rolling boil. Once the water is boiling, remove the pan from the heat, cover and let sit for 12 minutes. While your eggs are boiling, chop up the chicken and the celery. Peel the eggs and slice in half lengthwise. Scrape the yolks out into a large mixing bowl and add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Put mixture into a ziploc bag or piping bag with coupler and icing tip. If using ziploc, squeeze the mixture to one corner of the bag and snip off the corner of the bag. Pipe the mixture into the eggs. Garnish with more chopped green onions and fresh parsley.

Happy Cooking!
Missy

This is appearing over at Meal Plan Monday


No comments