Arugula Artichoke chicken foil pack dinners

I had an idea to do some grilling recipes since it was summer. Since I was planning a trip to the Mountains for Memorial Day I was thinking of camping.  This is not something I did until the age of 34.  My family never did such things, we are more beach people.  But heck, I am a grilling girl, let's try some campfire recipes!

You can make anything in a foil pack on the grill if you put your mind to it!  I wanted to do a fancy chicken (what you have here) and old tried and true (broccoli cheese chicken) and something fancy like lasagna!  Well my social life, roach season and an errant lawn man caused this one to be made in the oven, and the lasagna has been put on hold.  Regardless you can imagine this grilled! It was delicious in the oven and so easy.  I may have eaten it out of the foil to save on dishes...

Make this or make your own version.  If you have kids around, this will be right up their alley, although maybe not this exact version.  If you try it out, lemme know!  Full recipe to follow the montage.

It doesn't look pretty, but it tasted pretty!


The Cast.  They look kind of sad. It is a meal for one what can you do?!

Place the chicken on a piece of foil.  Remember to spray it first.  I did not, it was a poor choice.
Chop them up.  I love artichokes.  I know some do not.  But they are amazing.
Change your mind about the order.  Place arugula down fist.  Respray.  Or don't.  And pay.
I omitted the picture of the hummus spread on the chicken.  I seriously was ashamed of my lapse in photography skills.  
After it has cooked for awhile, add some cheese!
And then see how it sticks when you forget to spray!  But heck, it was so damned delish!
Arugula Artichoke Chicken foil pack dinners:

3 cups arugula
6 small boneless skinless chicken breasts (1-1/2 lb.), 1/2 inch thick
1 can (13-3/4 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained, quartered
I carton cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
6 tbsp. Hummus
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Heat grill to your liking or oven to 400°F. Spray 6 large sheets heavy-duty foil with non stick cooking spray.  Place arugula onto centers of foil, splitting evenly between each piece. Spoon and smear a tbsp of hummus on each piece of chicken.  Top arugula with chicken, artichokes and tomatoes.  Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and both ends to seal each packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Bake or grill 30 min. or until chicken is done (165°F). Remove packets from oven; let stand 5 min. Cut slits in foil to release steam before opening. Sprinkle cheese and let melt (you can re-wrap the packets to assist in this.  Enjoy!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments