Dessert in a pinch! (Trader Joe's cookie butter cookies)

I have an obsession with Trader Joe's Cookie Butter.  Well more like I used to, it is kind of waning.  I keep a jar in my office next to a bunch of spoons.  My coworkers know they can come by for a spoonful of delicious anytime they need a pick me up.  I think  the novelty has worn off though.  We moved on to mini snickers and other such bad things.  I think I need to head to TJ's and get some more soon!

I had two containers of pumpkin spice cookie butter and I was all out of pumpkin spice mood. What to do?  Well, as usual Pinterest had an idea! This pin just popped up and I knew I had to make it! Only three ingredients!  I decided to bring them for Christmas to test them out on the extended family. Yes this is how old this post is! They were just okay.  I think they needed a nut or chip of some sort it had a weird texture.  I think I will remake these another time with regular cookie butter, and add in walnuts and chocolate chips!  It could be my easy bake oven that is off too, my other cookies I made had the same weird texture problems. I think they were overbaked.  Try these out and see if they work for you.  Quick and easy!  Full recipe after the montage.

Just three brightly colored ingredients.  I could not pass up the Happy Hen eggs in a hot pink container!

This is a really ugly picture, I apologize!
Whisk up the eggs and Cookie Butter
Add some flour
And that is it!
Parcel them out on parchment
And there you have it. Cookies made from Cookie Butter!



Cookie Butter Cookies (Borrowed from Bakerita)

Ingredients:
1 jar cookie butter (I used Trader Joe's Pumpkin Spice Cookie Butter)
4 eggs, room temperature
1 cup all purpose flour 

Directions 
Preheat the oven to 350°F.  In a medium bowl, whisk together the cookie butter and the eggs. Add the flour and fold it in until thick dough forms. Place cookies on parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are set and the top still looks a little shiny Do not over bake or they will be dry. I overbaked, boo. 

Happy Cooking!
Missy



No comments