Dragon Breath by crock pot (Actual good pork tenderloin in the slow cooker)

I had a pork tenderloin sitting in my freezer getting lonely.  It was a two pack from Costco and I had used the other half to make a delicious dinner for my sister and brother in law.  The week before Christmas turned into a hectic one with work obligations so I decided to throw it in my slow cooker and "cook once" and eat three times.  As I learned the last time I made tenderloin, braising in liquid is the way to go.  I went browsing and pinned this recipe that looked simple, right up my alley flavor wise and a good one to share on the blog that my tens of readers could recreate no matter the level of expertise.

The original recipe called for it to be cooked on low for 4 hours.  Since I don't work from home or go home at lunch and my slow cooker has no timer, I left it on low for 8 hours.  It was just fine and probably led to the tender pull apart texture.  If you like traditional sliced pork tenderloin, I would do just four hours.  I think next time I am going to pour the jus in a saucepan and try and thicken and reduce it a little.  It was a bit thin and I wanted it to be thicker.  I served with roasted Brussels Sprouts and caramelized onions which was best combo of flavors ever!  Check back tomorrow and for what I made with the leftovers!  Full recipe after the montage.

The cast.  I am a mostly all natural kind of girl, but you cannot beat the flavor of that onion soup mix.  Its even better as a dip...Will have to make another iteration of that. 



Sprinkle the soup mix on the pork
Add your liquids.  Drink rest of bottle of wine, it's the holidays.
Chop your garlic.  I, of course, added extra.
Make sure some of the garlic stays on top of the pork.  Close your lid and go on with your day,
After 8 hours, looking good!
I could not get it out of the slow cooker without it falling apart!
Serious dragon breath after this meal but hey, no one but my dog was around!  So worth it!
Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin (borrowed from All Recipes)
Ingredients
1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin
1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
1 cup water
3/4 cup red wine
4 cloves minced garlic
3 tablespoons soy sauce
freshly ground black pepper to taste

Place pork tenderloin in a slow cooker with the contents of the soup packet. Pour water, wine, and soy sauce over the top, turning the pork to coat. Carefully spread garlic over the pork, leaving as much on top of the roast during cooking as possible. Sprinkle with pepper, cover, and cook on low setting for 4-8 hours. Serve with cooking liquid on the side as au jus.

Happy Cooking!

Missy

1 comment

Blogger said...

Come and see how 1,000's of individuals like YOU are making a LIVING from home and are living their wildest dreams right NOW.
GET FREE INSTANT ACCESS