Recapping the weekend and looking ahead to the week of Christmas 2015!

What a fun weekend.  I love my city so much and this time of year really reinforces it!  Friday was "drunk lawyer day." Some of my lovely lady friends and I all met at the Sazerac Bar in the Roosevelt Hotel for some cocktails to catch up with all the husbands in our group who had been drinking all day.  It was so good to hang with them!
I love my friends! And I love the Roosevelt!


I had a sazerac to start, which I neglected to photograph and a fabulous Old Fashioned, made by my semi famous cousin by marriage Matt!




Saturday morning was a full workout starting with pure barre and followed by fabulous yoga in Audubon Park taught by my friend, the newly minted yoga instructor, Jen!  After that, two friends and I went out to St. Roch Market and had a feast to reward ourselves!  I neglected to photograph the best part, the grilled pimento cheese sandwich. Holy cow it was good! We had a champagne cocktail with strawberry shurb and aperol, crawfish poutine, a brussels sprouts salad, crab spring rolls and a korean sausage and egg bowl as well as seen in the collage.


Then we went to the Crescent Park Craft Bazaar.  I forget how much I love the Bywater. I cannot believe it was the first time I have been to the park.  The view of downtown is amazing!


Went to the Palmer Park arts market after that for some more Christmas shopping, and then had a tacky sweater party that evening.  My baby niece Alice was baptized Sunday and I got some good quality family time and missed another party I had to attend.  It's so hectic this time of year!

This week on the blog you will be treated to low carb slow cooker meatloaf.  Yes I'm serious, it has bonus hidden veggies and everything!  You will also get leftover makeovers from said meatloaf and my adventures in cookie baking, just in time for Christmas!  Hope you have all your shopping done and are in the Christmas spirit!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments