Simple easy crockpot, or when you want google to find you (honey sauced chicken)

I pinned this recipe from Cooking up North awhile ago.  I am trying to get some more slow cooker meals on the blog to make it more useful to my tens of fans and to make dish duty a little better.  I decided to make this as I have made the recipe a few times.  I first made it back in my Texas days with my fancier crock pot. I remember liking it better then but that might be because I was having carbs and rice a lot more in those days. I served this over rice and it was too much rice.  I doubled the sauce like I usually have before.  I think next time I will not double the soy sauce, it was a bit thin and tasted a lot like that.

This is a super easy slow cooker meal that I think kids would like, but not sure since I have not tried it out on my borrowed kiddos.  If you try this out let me know if the kiddos like it!  Also as a note, I was a bad blogger and didn't read my own comments!  I liked it so much the last few times because I used bone in chicken!  That certainly makes a difference!  I added some broccoli for texture and health benefits.  Full recipe after the montage.

The ingredients.  I left out the broccoli and rice.


Add your raw chicken and don't freak out
When it is a slow cooker recipe, there isn't as much prep, so I improvised.  Soy Sauce
Honey!
Ketchup!  Or is is catsup?  I only like Heintz, no they didn't pay me
add the veggies.  I was hard not to saute them first!
Add it to the chicken and set it and forget it!
Add some broccoli at the end 
After a few minutes there you have it!
Honey Sauced Chicken in the Slow Cooker:

3/4 lb. boneless chicken breasts
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 c honey
1/4 c lower-sodium soy sauce
1/8 c chopped onion
1/8 c ketchup
1 Tbsp oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
Chopped green onions for garnish


Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Place in the crock pot. Mix the rest of the ingredients and pour on top.Cook on low 3 hours or high 1 1/2 hours. Serve over rice and garnish with chopped green onions.  I doubled the sauce and added broccoli.

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments