The post that wasn't supposed to happen (Leftover pork tenderloin tacos and bonus pork and grits)

I made that pork tenderloin on the blog yesterday and had two plans for leftovers.  The first was a riff on shrimp and grits, but making it into pork and grits.  Well guess what?  I lost the pics!  Well, maybe didn't lose as they are still on my camera; I just can't find them on my Macbook and my office computer won't upload them.  I am not good at technology, apparently.  It was a recipe that I made up in my head as I went so I am going to do my best to recreate it after the tacos montage. I also served the pork and grits leftover (without the grits) on Hawaiian sweet rolls with BBQ sauce and cheddar for my niece's baptism and got rave reviews!

As you have seen before, I like to make pizza, egg bakes and tacos out of my leftovers.  This time I had a lot of pork tenderloin left so I decided to go the taco route.  The tenderloin had some great onion flavor to it already so I just needed to add some Mexican flair to it.  I put some of my favorite toppings on it and used a fun method of heating tortillas!  Please enjoy the montage and get two full recipes after the recap!

That leftover pork looks rough!  Here is the yummy cast!



Add taco seasoning and salsa to the pork and add water to impart favor.

I think we have seen this method before

Looking good!
Heck let's add the bell peppers too!

Get in my belly!
Leftover pork tacos:
Lefotver pork
1/4 cup salsa
1 tbsp taco seasoning
1/4 cup water
tortillas
Optional toppings:
avocado
green pepper
jalapenos
cilantro
sour cream
cheese

Mix pork with salsa, seasoning and water in a small saucepan.  Heat  for a few minutes to meld flavors.  Place tortillas over flame of gas stove set on low until each side is heated and a bit burnt, about 2 minutes each side.  Place heated pork and desired toppings on tortillas and serve.

Pork and grits (great leftover with BBQ sauce for sliders)

one onion minced
1/2 green pepper minced
3 cloves garlic minced
one can diced tomatoes with green chiles
2 cups of chicken broth
Leftover pork, cut into small pieces
Grits (made according to package directions)

Saute onion, green pepper and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until onions are translucent.  add can of tomatoes and broth.  When it reaches about a boil, add pork.  Lower heat a little and cover. Cook for 10 minutes.  While that is cooking, make your grits.  Serve pork sauce over grits and enjoy!

Happy Cooking!

Missy

No comments